Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just getting started

This, being the very first blog, will be the most boring. I know, that is not the way you are supposed to do these things... but, I really do not like the conventional. Not really. Not at all. I think the rules say you need to start with something profound, but you know.. it's about 9:42 PM and I am just tired.
I did want to say that the blog name is "Coffee with God". Honestly, I thought I made that up. I was really proud of how creative and deep that was... that's probably not a good sign about how good this blog will be :-) But really, I thought it was like, a new idea... You know.. coffee.. a very popular drink... and then God... I mean He is REAL popular. His book has been translated in to pretty much every language that has writing, and tons of movies have been made about Him. Some people give tons of money to His followers, and some people just get REAL mad when you talk about His Son. ((Jesus, in case you don't know Him yet...) So anyway - I thought it was a cool idea. So when I googled it, it turns out I wasn't the first one. And then, when I tried to get the address here on blogspot, it didn't work again. The bubble... she was bursted... that's all I am gonna say about that.
So, the coffee with God thing... no really, I have changed subjects... for the last few weeks, I have woken up, I grab a cup of coffee, and go outside on my back porch and just sit with God. (He hasn't touched His cup...) I hang out.. sometimes I pray... some times I just listen. Every time, it is a good time. Time well spent. Me and God, we are getting to know each other better. (If you know God, you will know He knows me completely, so that statement really was intended to be tongue in cheek...)(You will get used to me)(and I do use a lot of ...) (yep... I know.)
And there you have it. The first post, or blog, or whatever you call it. It's in the can... or whatever the proper geek term is.
Just relax... grab a cup of coffee... Let's just see what happens:-)

God is good.